Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pelmeni (Pelmeny, Pelmen, Russian Dumplings) | Russian Chef | Russian Cuisine


Substantial dinner))))

Take:
  • 500 g flour;
  • 1 egg;
  • 350 g meat;
  • 1 onion bulb.
Flour, egg and 1 cup of cold water mix to the even condition. Wrah dough in a wet towel for 30 min.
Mince meat with onion, salt and pepper.
Roll out the dough (0,5 cm height). Make small circles (d=cup up).
Then: 1. Put some meat in center. 2. Put circles half-on-half and pinch together the edges. 3. Take the corners, move them down and pinch.


Now you can boil them in salted water with bay leaves for 10 min or freeze for future dinners.

Eat with sour cream, vinegar, oil.)))

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I was trying to understand Russian cuisine and came across your blog. I was wondering whether Russian cuisine differs across the regions of Russia, say east and west or north and south. Because Russia is a really large country. I am from India and we have a lot of variation in our cuisine, North Indian food is very different from South Indian food. Can you help me understand the differences in Russian cuisine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Aarti Khare,

    Please, write me on my e-mail milena.chernyavskaya a t gmail.com. I think I can help you a little bit)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love eating Russian dumplings during the rainy season. Served hot, this light dish is easy on the stomach and is very satisfying. The Russians are right: enjoying such fine food is best when in the company of loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the food! You’re amazing. This menu is fantastic, It sure will help everyone who’s looking for a perfect menu like this. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

    zonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete